Saturday, March 2, 2019

Hang in There!


This weeks learning really hit home for me.  As the mother of 6 young children with a full time job, trying to finish her online degree, I frequently feel tired and overwhelmed.  Sometimes I wonder if it is all really worth it, and think that maybe I should just put off my degree until the kids are a little older, or I’m able to get more sleep, etc… The list seems to me as never ending.  When I start to feel exhausted, sad, or drowning I let myself think about it, for just a moment.  What if I did stop now?  What if I put it off until and easier time.  This may seem counter intuitive, but it helps me see it from all angles.  The answer is always the same: this is a temporary state, there is not going to be a time when it is easier, and I am doing this so that my family will have the security we so desperately crave.  As I said this lesson hit home.

Elder Holland taught us that good times will be ahead if we can keep moving forward.  If we push through the trials, we will find light and joy.  I have seen this in my own life, and look forward to seeing the light get infinitely brighter.  I also enjoyed listening to Elder Holland’s talk, “However Long and Hard the Road.”  His perspective on the many different trials that other saints have faced over the ages has helped me know that I am not alone, and many have made it through great trials before me.  I was especially touched by the story of the many hardships the saints endured as they built the Sat Lake Temple.  I drew similarities to my own life, realizing that on the other side of such trials are great blessings.  I can also apply this in my career.  If I keep pushing forward and doing my best, I will be able to find opportunities to learn grow, and advance my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment