Saturday, March 9, 2019

Leadership


I have enjoyed learning about what it takes to be an effective leader this week.  I especially enjoyed reading about Jim Collin’s book Good to Great and “Leadership with a small ‘l’” by President Kim B. Clark.  From the time I was a teenager, I was told that I have leadership potential.  I have never been able to see it in myself, and have rarely had a chance at church, school, or work to use it.  Knowing that leadership was supposed to be part of my life had become somewhat disheartening to me, as I could not see myself in that position.  Reading the summary of Collin’s book helped me see the qualities in myself that would help me become an effective leader.  Reading the qualities of a level 5 leader helped me to see which ones I have that can qualify me for leadership.  I can work on these qualities to become a more successful leader. 

President Clark’s talk showed me how to lead in the Saviors way and be a leader in my home.   He teaches that we need to lead by example, with vision, and with love.  The Savior is the perfect example of a leader.  To become a leader like him, we must study the scriptures and attend church meetings.  If we study his life and his attributes, we can learn to be better leaders in our home and at work.  We can also pray to help us develop these skills as well.

After this week, I have found that becoming a leader is possible if I am willing to develop the skills and talents that I have.  It is also important that I use my skills for righteous purposes, and not simply for my own gain.  I know is I stay close to the spirit, I will be able to become the best version of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment