There are 2 things that stood out to me the most this week. The first thing that stood out to me is how
many different ways there are to approach the same situation. In our casa study discussions, I had felt so
sure that I was following my conscious and that was good enough. As I read the responses, I realized that my solutions
were short sighted and only focused on my immediate needs. In the case study about Hopkins I had not
considered how the wife’s actions were not entirely fair to the husband if her
grievances had not been communicated to him.
In the case study about the dance recital, I had not considered that I
could use my any spare time I had to take care of my client and being there for
him, then going to the recital. These things seem so clear until we see them
through another’s eyes. It drove home to
me the importance of keeping people around me that can help me see the better
alternative.
The other thing that stood out to me is the importance of
finding balance in my life. It is
something that I struggle with daily between a full-time job, 6 children, and
part-time schooling. There are times I
have to make choices where one part of my life gets less time and attention in
favor of something more important. It is
hard to find that balance and know when the right time is. If we stay close to the spirit and make sure
that we have our priorities in order, we should be able to keep a good balance. I was particularly interested in what Randy
Kosimar has to say about balancing your life.
He indicated that our priorities shift as life goes on. Some things will be most important at one
time, then less important another. What
is essential is that we keep re-evaluating our priorities and adjust our
balance accordingly.
No comments:
Post a Comment