Reading about The 7 Habits
of Highly Effective People this week, I found myself thinking about which habits I feel
the deepest connection to. I found that
there are some I am fairly practiced at, and some that stood out to me that I
need to work on. The one I feel I need
to focus on improving in the most is Habit 7, “sharpen the saw.” I am a very busy person, with very little
time to take care of the things I have to do, let alone the things I don’t have
to do. After reading this section, I realize that I am approaching it all
wrong. If I neglect myself, and don’t do
some of the things I want to do for myself, I will be less effective at everything
else. I plan to set goals for myself of
realistic things I can do to make sure I am sharpening the saw everyday.
The
other habits that I connected with are habit 3: “put first things first,” habit 4: “think win/win,” and habit 5: “seek
first to understand, then to be understood.”
I feel that these habits work together, and can help me achieve my goals. Think win/win was especially interesting to me
as it is something I had never thought of before. I was very intrigued by the idea that if we
engage in a transaction where one person make all the compromises, both people
lose. I really put that idea in my heart
and it is the other habit that I want to improve in my life. I want to make sure that any solutions I may
find to a problem are mutually beneficial, and that everyone is able to walk away
happy. I know that as I work to improve
in this area, I will improve my relationships with those around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment