My studies this week got me thinking a lot about how my family,
my job, and the need to find balance. I just started working for the fist time
in 9 years back in April of 2018. I started
back to work as a part time employee but am now working full time in a job that
has started me on a path to my career of choice. With all this sin mind, I have had to ponder
a lot how I plan to balance family and work.
My husband is able to stay home with our children, so I know that they
are getting love and parenting from their parents, but as their mother, I still
have a responsibility for their emotional well-being. With all this weighing frequently on my mind,
I was truly appreciative of our studies this week.
In the video, The Entrepreneur and the Family, Steve Blank
talks about ways we can balance our entrepreneurial pursuits with our families. I don’t plan to start my own business, but I
do hope to be a leader in a company one day.
As such, I was interested in what blank had to say about family and work. He made rules for himself with his family
that he cannot break, such as family dinners.
He had several ideas that I felt I could apply in my life to help me
stay close to my children. The part of
the story that struck me is that he came home for evenings with his children
but would go back to work when they got to bed.
I too can be creative in the ways I balance my family with my work. If I make my family the most important thing,
I will be able to plan my work accordingly.
I also enjoyed listening to Jan Newsman talk about the importance
of God and Family. He teaches us that we
should “never be to busy to take a calling in the church.” I need to make sure that I put my Heavenly
Father first as I continue down my career path.
I also need to make sure that I take care of my family. As I do so, I will be able to find true
success in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment