This week I enjoyed learning about the character and skills
required to be a successful entrepreneur.
The video that stood out to me the most is the video A Hero’s
Journey. From the video, we learn that
when a person gets to the end of their life, they will ask themselves who did I
love, who loved me, did I contribute something meaningful, and was I a good
person. This brought me back to when I
read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. One of Covey’s habits is “begin with the end
in mind” (Covey, 2004) . If I am to begin with the end in mind, I need
to decide now what I want people to be saying about me when I get to that point
in my life. In thinking about this, I realized
that the most important thing I want people to say about me is that I love my
family. With this in mind, I need to
make sure that I keep them at the canter of my life. I also want people to say that I was a good person. If I keep close to the gospel of Jesus Christ,
I will be able to accomplish both of these things.
I also enjoyed reading the story about Erica Mills starting
her own card company. In general, I am a
very cautious person. I do not have the desire to start my own company,
however, I do have the desire to advance in my career. Erica Mills story about how she was able to
have the courage to take risks and make the mistakes necessary to grow a
business was encouraging to me. I hope
to be able to have that kind of strength as I pursue my own dreams of becoming the
CFO or controller of a small, local company.
Works Cited
Covey, S. R. (2004). The 7 Habits of Highly
Effective People. New York: Simon & Schuster.
No comments:
Post a Comment