I started into this course with one thought in mind, I do
NOT want to be an entrepreneur! I don't want to be in charge of starting and
running a company, and I certainly do not want the economic insecurity that can
come with owning a business. That was my attitude toward this course, and what
a poor one! I should know by now that first impressions are not always what
they seem, and that there are important life lessons in every experience we
have. Luckily for me, I do not rely solely on first impressions, as I know that
they tend to be hasty and subject to the mood of the moment.
While completing the assigned reading and video assignments,
I began to develop a different picture of what I am going to learn in this
course, and the importance that it will have in my life. First, and most
importantly, I learned that this course is NOT about learning how to start a
business. This course has been designed to teach me how to learn about myself. I
will learn how to stop and learn from my experiences in life, then apply what I
learn. That is a skill that applies in any venture we have in life.
Second, I learned that it is ok to do what I enjoy in life. Guy
Kawasaki had many insights into this point, and I was grateful to hear them. I
was taught that, in life, we do what we are good at that will make us the most
money. The things we enjoy are to be done in our spare time as a hobby. This is
not always the case, we can earn money doing things we enjoy.
Lastly, I realized that I will be learning to have
confidence in myself. One of my character traits that I wish to work on is my tendency
to second guess myself and question my judgement. I am excited to learn how to be
a leader, and how to learn from my life. As I do these things, my confidence in
my abilities will grow. With additional skills for evaluating myself, I can
learn to have confidence in myself and my decisions and have faith that I can
learn from my mistakes.
I’m glad that I did not let my first thoughts cloud my
attitude as I get acquainted with this course. I am truly excited for the lessons
I have ahead of me and getting to know me.
No comments:
Post a Comment