I was struck by several things that I learned and read this
week. First, I loved the video we had
the opportunity of watching on treating life like an experiment. I found this video to be very inspiring to me
and helped me to see one of my major flaws.
I am terrified of failure. I want
to do everything right, and everyone to love me. I know that this is not a realistic desire, and
I am working on conquering it. I had not
thought of my ability to think through things logically and rationally as a
tool to overcome this weakness. I need
to be willing to fail, so that I have experiences that I can learn from. It’s these experiences that help us improve
and learn. At work, I learn from my
mistakes all the time, but not without having frustration first for making
those mistakes. Going forward, I will
strive to think of those mistakes as a natural part of the learning process, and
that I learned the way to not do something.
I also found myself inspired and uplifted by Randy
Pausch. He was so full of life, energy
and joy, despite his staring death in the face.
As I listened and read about his experiences, I realized that I had a
lot that I could learn from him. First,
it’s ok to dream, and go after your dreams.
If you are willing to put the work into going after your dreams, they
are achievable. My dream is to become
the CFO of a company. I know that if I
can keep my focus and work toward that dream, I can achieve it. The second thing that struck me about Mr. Pausch
is how at peace he was with his death. I
could tell that he had led a full life and did not have the regret of not accomplishing
enough. I pray that when I reach the end
of my time here on earth, I will be able to look back on my life and have no
regrets for the dreams I did not chase.
No comments:
Post a Comment