This week, we learned about being grateful and we also
learned ways to help us find our path in our careers. On of the things that I thought of when I looked
back on our studies this week is the need we have to be grateful for our skills
and talents. I have not always been
proud of my talents. I am a smart person who is generally able to catch on to
new concepts quickly. When I was in
school, it was not a popular thing to be smart, and I have never liked to stick
out. The average student would comment
on my good grades, and some of the smart people resented how quickly I picked
things up, so I found myself frequently trying to hide my intellect. It took me growing into adulthood and
marrying my husband to finally accept my intellect as a blessing and not
something to be hidden or ashamed of. We
all have skills and talents that are unique to us. It is our responsibility to find a way to
help others using the gifts we have been given.
It is also important that we show our gratitude to our Heavenly Father
for giving us our gifts, so that we may help others.
This leads into the next thing point that stood out to me
this week. It is important that we find
a way to use our skills and talents to bless the lives of others. There is more than one path to finding our own
way. My path has taken many years with twists
and turns. I worked many jobs in
college, then quit after having my first baby.
From there I became a stay at home mother, and caretaker to my husband
as he battled mental illness. Now, the
path has turned back towards a career, however, I now have a new
perspective. I have found that I have a
deep love for math and finances. I am currently
exploring that path as I work at an accounting clerk. I’m not sure where I will end up, but if I keep
my eyes open to new opportunities while learning as many skills as I can, I
know I can be prepared when opportunity knocks.
No comments:
Post a Comment